Saturday, February 13, 2010

Long time, no see...


We have had a very busy 8 months or so, but I think I have finally found some time to update this blog.

Baby # 5 came a little sooner than expected, only a week after Blake's sleep study. Her name is Alli Elizabeth and she was 7.0 lbs and 19 inches long, with a full head of hair. She is now a beautiful, happy and healthy 8 month old. She is crawling and just started pulling up on her knees, and even pulled to stand a couple times! I can't believe she has grown so fast. It is sad for me because she will be our last, and I will miss the baby stage like crazy. BUT someday when I am done with school maybe I can work with babies in some capacity.

Also, Blake's dad and I finally got married in August after 8 years together (we did it all backwards, but we did it.) It was just family and we were blessed to not only have my grandparents attend, but my grandpa was actually the officiant. So that was very special for us. And Blake looked very handsome in his little tie!

The results of Blake's sleep study showed that he has mild obstructive sleep apnea, which means he only has a couple episodes of interrupted breathing at night. It doesn't seem to affect his quality of sleep much, as he is always rested the next day, so as far as treatment I don't think there is much we need to do right now. He has a repeat study coming up in May and we will see if there has been any improvement.

He is doing well with everything else; the speech is still the hump that he can't seem to get over. Gross motor is awesome, fine motor has improved, he can eat pretty much anything (although he has been in quite the picky stage lately.) He started a special needs preschool in the fall and really seems to like it-he even takes the bus now! I really didn't want him to ride the bus at first but once Alli was here and it started to get cold we thought it may be for the better. He has adjusted so well to everything, and his teachers say he is happy and well behaved and nice to others in the classroom.

He seems to be getting more and more frustrated with his inability to communicate-he acts up and screeches a lot, which really drives us crazy. We try to put ourselves in his shoes and be patient, but sometimes it is really hard. I keep praying that speech will come and I hope that God will hear me, because I want so much for that little boy...for him to be happy, successful, accepted. He is always talking and singing, and can say some words so I know he will talk someday...the other day i told him to hurry up with his breakfast and he rolled his eyes and said "k...gosh." So maybe I should appreciate the lack of talking back for the time being.

We didn't end up going to the PTLS conference last June because of the baby and the wedding, but they did end up making a dvd that I can not wait to see. If they have another this year I would really like to go and have Blake meet all the other kids. I think it will be so special for him as he gets older to know he has friends all over the world that are just like him.

Alli is waking up- probably from her little teeth coming in, so I'm signing off for now. From now on I will update more often than once every 8 months.


No comments: